Monday, June 8, 2009

Observations for The Great Sunflower Project

Today I gathered some bee data for The Great Sunflower Project. I snapped photos of the bees that I saw in hopes to assure proper identification.


Within a minute of watching, this bee landed on the sunflowers.


Here is a close-up. I'm pretty sure it is a bumble bee. If I am incorrect, please leave a comment and let me know.


Four minutes later this 2nd bee landed on the sunflowers.


I'm not sure what type of bee this is. Is it a honey bee?

1 comment:

  1. The sunflower project sounds fun. I might join in if it's not too late. I think the first is a bumble bee, but the ones we see are more black than yellow. I would say the second is a honey bee. I'm far from an expert, but that's what I've been told.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...