Friday, September 11, 2009

Um...

I can't help but chuckle at my last post. Let's see... it was June 20th when I posted last, and it had been 10 days at that point. Now that it is September 11 - how many days does that make? Hee, hee! Well, I guess I'd rather be in the garden than here on the computer writing about the garden.

The garden still grows. Today we reached 100 lbs. of absolutely yummy 100% organic homegrown food. I will admit, I am truly amazed that such a tiny garden has grown so much.

I'm looking forward to expanding the garden by next spring. I have a side yard that is torn up right now, and it will become my first attempt at an ecological garden - with ornamentals and edibles intermingled together. I love my Square Foot Gardens on the other side yard, but somehow, I don't think the neighbors would appreciate my turning the most visible portion of our yard into a series of Square Foot Gardens, despite my admiration for the Square Foot Gardening method.

Well, I have lots of work to do, so I have a feeling this poor little blog will remain neglected until late fall. I have taken lots of photos through the summer, and hopefully they will find a way onto this blog in the near future. Until then... happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...